Considering a gap year before applying to Medical or Physician Assistant School?
Apply for Vibrant Dermatology’s Gap Year Medical Assistant Program!
“A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you.” — Bob Proctor.
In my 17 year career as a medical student, medical resident, and now as an attending physician, mentorship has played a critical role in all my career decisions. It has shaped me into the physician I have become and provided me with guidance and support essential to traverse the journeys of medicine, motherhood, and entrepreneurship successfully. In my mentees, I see my legacy in medicine. If I can do anything to help bring more bright and compassionate women and men to a career in medicine then I must. The health of our entire population depends on this. Dr. Joyce Imahiyeorbo-Ip
As a Gap Year Medical Assistant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist physicians with office procedures including biopsies, surgeries, cosmetic procedures, and treatments for various skin conditions
- Document/scribe for physicians in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) during clinical patient encounters
- Provide patient education and counseling on treatment plans and pre/postoperative care instructions
- Work with other driven gap year students to write, publish, and present dermatological research
- Become part of a tight-knit team within the practice and have access to additional mentorship through our network of past Gap Year Medical Assistants (now medical students)
- Receive one-on-one mentorship, application and interview guidance from our providers, Dr. Joyce Imahiyerobo-Ip, MD and Marissa Leavitt, PA-C to maximize your chances of getting into Medical or PA school in the specialty of your choice
Vibrant Dermatology offers competitive pay, paid time off (PTO), sick time, paid holidays, life insurance and disability benefits, effective on your date of hire.
Are you an undergraduate premedical student looking to gain valuable clinical experience?
Apply for an Internship at Vibrant Dermatology!
As a Clinical Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about general, surgical, cosmetic, and pediatric dermatology through shadowing
- Obtain valuable patient care experience that is transferable to any specialty
- Receive mentorship from practicing Dermatologists and our network of former Gap Year Medical Assistants (now medical students)
- Collaborate with the team to write, publish, and present dermatological research
Please fill out this form if you are interested in learning more: email us at email@example.com to request an application.