Vibrant Dermatology was founded on the principal of providing safe, high quality medical care to all of our patients. As such, when the COVID-19 pandemic swept through our state, we made the decision to close our physical doors to do our part to be socially responsible and help flatten the curve.
As we move towards reopening our offices on May 25th, we understand that it is critically important that we adjust to a new normal, which prioritizes the safety and health of our patients and staff. We will follow the Commonwealth’s recommendations for a staged re-opening, and we want to make you aware of what to expect at your next visit with us. As always, we will continue to adhere to the strictest safety standards and guidelines. Your health and wellness have always been our top priority, and we are committed to continuing to serve you and our community.
HOW CAN I BE SEEN BY MY PROVIDER AT VIBRANT DERMATOLOGY:
If you have an appointment already scheduled, you should be receiving call in the week or so prior to your scheduled appointment to talk about whether you would like to:
- Reschedule for a later date
- Convert your visit to an at-home telehealth appointment
- Keep your appointment in the office (given schedule changes, we may need to adjust the time)
Whenever possible, we will recommend telehealth visits to promote no contact medical care. Please review the list below to help you decide what appointment type might be best and our staff can also help you if you aren’t sure. If possible, telehealth is preferred to an in-office visit to minimize the need to leave your home.
- Most Rashes
- Acne, Rosacea
- Psoriasis, Eczema, Hand eczema
- New spot of concern (possible)
- Medication refills
- Management of some chronic conditions
- Cosmetic consultations
- Skin Care consultations
- Full body skin check
- Suspicious lesions for skin cancer or melanoma
- Skin cancer treatment
- Liquid nitrogen
- Injections, other procedures including Intralesional Kenalog
- Laser treatments
- Cosmetic appointments
IF YOU NEED AN IN-OFFICE VISIT, HERE IS WHAT TO EXPECT:
Medical care and delivery will look a little different going forward, and we would like to outline what our office is doing to keep you and our staff safe and what to expect for your in-person appointment. Please understand that some of our policies might look and feel a bit different as compared to the past, and we appreciate your support and understanding during this truly unprecedented time.
- All patients (and staff) will be pre-screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your appointment and you will be asked to reschedule if you have ANY symptoms. We ask that you respect the health and wellness of our staff, families, and other patients and comply with the guidelines to cancel/reschedule your appointment if you have any concerns you might be sick.
- We have further increased our meticulous cleaning and sanitation protocols and each room and high touch areas will be thoroughly cleansed prior to your rooming. Your will temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone unless you require assistance or are needed to accompany a minor. In either scenario, there will be a limit of one guest per patient.
- You will receive a call prior to your appointment to be screened for COVID-19 and will also be given specific check-in instructions at that time. Your medications/ allergies/ and reason for your visit will be obtained by phone BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT so as to minimize face to face contact in the office.
- To minimize contact, we are going to begin collecting all insurance information by phone and will email you all necessary paperwork prior to your appointment. We are also working on adding additional forms to our website.
- For telehealth, you may be asked to send photographs prior to your appointment as well.
- Whenever possible, we want to facilitate contact free payments in the office. We have a safe and secure platform to store your credit card on file and will be transitioning towards a completely touch free payment platform in the coming weeks.
- Other pointers: Please try to minimize any personal belongings and leave what you can in your car. Please try to go to the bathroom before your appointment in the comfort of your own home. While we do have a patient bathroom, it will be ONLY FOR BATHROOM EMERGENCIES for the time being.
- We are trying to eliminate the need to have you sign anything in the office. But, just in case, we would love if you could bring your own pen!
THE DAY OF YOUR IN-OFFICE VISIT:
- For the time being, we are going to do all check-in by phone while you remain in the car and once you enter our office, you will be brought directly to your room to eliminate having any patients in the waiting room. Please arrive for your appointment on time and call our office at 781 708-9299 when you have arrived for further instructions.
- While we LOVE spending time with you, we also know that minimizing shared air space is helpful. Therefore, we will be limiting office visits to approximately 15 minutes. Any outstanding issues can be addressed by follow-up, either in-person on a later date or by telehealth.
- All staff and patients will be required to wear a face mask at all times unless explicitly told to remove the mask for an examination or procedure. If you are asked to remove your mask, please refrain from talking while your mask is removed to minimize risk of transmission. If you do not have a mask, you will not be allowed to enter the office.Because of supply shortages, we do not have enough masks to supply to the public. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN.
- We will begin enforcing our no-show policy given the increased staffing, sanitation measures, and appointment spacing times. You will be charged a $35 no-show fee if you do not cancel your appointment with us at least 24 hours in advance. Of course, if you are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we would ask that you PLEASE DO NOT COME to your appointment and the fee can be waived on a case-by-case basis.
- If you need products, you can either continue to purchase online www.vibrantdermatology.com or you can let us know ahead of time (or by phone during your check-in) what products you would like and we can prepackage them up or you in advance of your appointment.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this very difficult time. We will continue to closely monitor this everchanging landscape and will adhere to the guidelines provided to us by our state, the CDC, the WHO, and the American Academy of Dermatology. Our primary concern is your health and safety and we remain committed to providing you with the exceptional care that we are known for. Please know that we are doing our absolute best and we appreciate your KINDNESS and PATIENCE as we adjust to this new normal.