Microneedling is a procedure that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. It is a skin resurfacing procedure which utilizes tiny needles to create microscopic injuries in the skin, stimulating new collagen formation as well as creating channels for topical solutions to penetrate deeper into the skin and work more effectively. This treatment is effective in treating acne scarring, surgical scars, skin discoloration, mild rosacea, fine lines, wrinkles, and stretch marks. Skin needling is a safe and relatively painless treatment and it can benefit all skin types. Platelet-rich Plasma (your body’s natural stem cells and growth factors) can be used to amplifying any skin needling treatment. For the best results, a series of 3-6 treatments may be required.
In the Clear: Microneedling for acne scarring, enlarged pores. This treatment helps to break up old acne scars and stimulates collagen productions to give the skin a smooth appearance.
Illumination: Microneedling to improve facial hyperpigmentation. This treatment is coupled with a customized skin care routine for maximal results.
Fountain of Youth: Microneedling is a powerful antiaging treatment that will rejuvenate the skin, improve skin tone and texture, stimulate collagen, and improves fine line and wrinkles.
The Bar Man: Microneedling is can be used to address stubborn acne scars and enlarged powers without the downtime of a more invasive laser procedure.
Microneedling Body treatment: Microneedling to improve the appearance of stretch marks, and crepey skin. This procedure should be combined with Skin Bar MD laser treatments to maximize results.
Before your visit to the Bar:
- Stop all topical retinoids and retinols 3 days before treatment. This include over the counter anti-aging creams, and prescriptions such as Tazorac, Differin, or Retin-A.
- Avoid using NSAIDS such as ibuprofen, Aleve, and Aspirin 10 days before your procedure
- Please inform your skin therapist if you have any allergies, this includes all allergies to medications, foods, and topical ingredients.
- Please inform your skin therapist if you are on blood thinners or if you are own prescription steroids.
After your visit to the Bar:
- When it comes to skin care, we’ve got you covered. Simply follow the skin care plan outlined by your Skin therapist.
- Immediately after your Micro-Needling procedure, do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin, and Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for skin rejuvenation.
- Make up may be worn 48 hours after the procedure